An event planner can wear many hats and can help in basically as many ways as you need within both budget and time constraints.
My event planning formula for fundraising, party planning and corporate/non-profit events is the same formula I use for wedding planning. I also have extensive experience in coordinating fundraising events for non-profits and grass-roots fundraising. My formula is simple and straightforward.
I work with you in various different ways. I’ve created an event planning formula that can fit any budget and any needs that you may have by breaking down the event planning process in stages. You can benefit from my services as much or as little as you’d like, each stage building on the next, each level evolving more and more from a purely consultant level to a full hands-on planner. Though arrangements can and have been made for me to be hands-on and in person for every stage of the event planning and day, by giving you the freedom to take my ideas, but execute them on your own or with the help of your organization’s employees or friends and family for a private party. I give you a great money saving option while at the same time, not feeling overwhelmed by the process because I’ve created a clear guide, a road-map for you to follow based on goals, needs, and budget for the event or party.
You hire Honeybee Events on an as-needed basis, as much or as little as you want at these levels and stages of service and consulting:
1) As-needed consultant: This is my lowest hourly rate. I meet with you to help with general brainstorming & what I call road-mapping for the event and various aspects of the event.
For example the road-map meetings for an event or party may be:
- event/party overview, themes, locale, catering etc.
- logistics, transportation
- entertainment & electronics(photography, videography)
- spiritual and cultural elements
After each meeting of this nature, I send you a plan of action and you take it from there on your own or for a slightly higher rate I can carry out the duties myself.
2) As-needed design & event element consultant: This is my second lowest hourly rate. This involves actually creating & formulating design and theme elements for your party/event and finding where to get them, thus a lot of pavement pounding and comparison shopping. This is done for any design elements you would want help with for example flowers, color schemes, music, decor.
After this stage in planning, I send you a plan of action for your design elements (including cost and location for purchasing all of these elements) and you take it from there on your own for getting everything and putting it all together or for a slightly higher rate I can carry out the duties myself.
3) As-needed craft & decor creator: This is my third lowest hourly rate. This involves actually creating elements of the event/party in person. For example: making gift bags, centerpieces, flower arrangements, simple sewing, favors, invitations and other materials. This stage involves a lot of hands on time and the rate varies based on whether you already have your own designs/themes and just need help putting together what you already have, or if you need this stage plus stage two above.
4) As-needed misc. planning:
- travel plans
- errands & shopping
- vendor and venue bookings
- logistics arrangements – maps, guests hotels etc.
- showers & parties
5) Papery & Invitations: Programs, menus, place cards, thank you notes etc. This rate varies based on if you already have your materials and designs chosen and you just need help with wording and mailings, or if you need these elements created & chosen.
6) Event/Party Day Coordination: This involves coordinating all of the logistics of the event day, including a time-line, participants, set-up and breakdown, vendors, venue elements and all of the elements chosen from the other stages of the planning that have led up to the day. I give you a binder, it is basically a manual for your event that consists of all of the details of the event, and all of the planning elements, and a guide and time-line of what needs to be done and when. You take this manual, and then you, your employees/friends and family, take it from there on their own for the actual event day. This option is a money saver, by not having me there in person on the event day, you can save a lot money by just following the manual I’ve created for you. The Event/Party Day Coordination, is a lot of work, but the cost varies as it is based on what planning elements you need and what services you used from me leading up to the day of the party.
7) Event/Party Day Facilitation: This is a great option for many. Lets say that you have every single aspect of your event planned and done, but you would like someone other than employees or friends & family (so that they can enjoy the event as well) to execute all of your arrangements on the actual day- that is where I come in. You can just pass all of your plans and arrangements on to me, and I will see that they all run smoothly on event day so that no one has to lift a finger.
8) Event/Party Guru: This is the most expensive option, this involves both consulting and planning stages as well as Event/Party Day Coordination and Facilitation.